Daria & Arnold
Rachmaninow Piano Duo chooses the most ambitious and interesting repertoire. They like to provide music of the highest level in a world-class performance. They also like to surprise, break stereotypes and blaze new paths. To show the world that classical music is fun.
Daria Żurawlowa and Arnold Gniwek are artists who travel across the world with their wonderful concerts and artistic propositions. Their performance was admired and awarded in most of European countries and the United States.
They were bound together by their love to music and similar sources of inspiration which is reflected by their interpretations that become an extraordinary and intimate dialogue.
Rachmaninow Piano Duo is composed of two young and talented pianists, laureates of Polish and international piano competitions, graduates from Academies of Music in Bydgoszcz and Katowice as well as from Conservatori Superior de la Música del Liceu in Barcelona.
Daria Żurawlowa is a Polish pianist whose interpretations are characterized not only by her artistic maturity, expressiveness but also by personal and lucid message. The artist fully embraces music of the Romantic period, thus on her first album she juxtaposes pieces of two compositors – Rachmaninoff and Chopin.
She gives concerts all around Europe (Spain, Germany, Austria, Russia, Lithuania, Estonia, Bulgaria, Italy). She performed concerts in Montserrat Caballe Hall, Gran Teatre del Liceu, Mozart Hall of the Palma de Mallorca Auditórium, Victoria Eugenia Theatre in San Sebastian and in the chamber hall of the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice.
In May 2013 she made her debut in Oriol Martorell Hall in L’Auditori of Barcelona by performing the Chopin’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor to the accompaniment of the Philharmonic Orchestra Iberica.
She was born to the family cultivating musical traditions, hence she started her first piano lessons under the caring eye of her mother Elena Aleksiejuk. She gradueted from the Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz in Poland and the Conservatori Liceu in Barcelona, Spain.
Her artistic development was influenced by a circle of musicians of worldwide renown – Ewa Pobłocka, Stanislav Pochekin, Aleksiej Orłowiecki, Mikhail Voskressensky, Dang Thai Son, Andrzej Jasiński, Piotr Paleczny, Dina Joffe, Vera Nosina.
Daria Żurawlowa is a laureate of more than 40 piano competitions, inter alia:
- 1st prize in the International Piano Competition Eugenia Verdet in Barcelona, Spain
- 2nd prize in the International Piano Competition Joventuts Musicals in Vilafranca del Penedes, Spain
- 2nd prize in the International Piano Competition in Druskininkai, Lithuania
- 1st prize and two special awards (for the best interpretation of Chopin’s polonaise and waltz ) in the International Chopin Piano Competition in Varna, Bulgaria
Official pianist’s website: dariazurawlowa.com
Arnold Gniwek is a Polish pianist highly regarded for his exuberant and youthful interpretations, exceptional attention to details and nuances as well as for captivating sound. In March 2012 he made his debut with a recital at Steinway Hall in Detroit, USA. He also gives concerts across Poland, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, Slovakia, Ukraine and Italy.
The artist graduated with the highest distinction from the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice in the piano class of Prof. Zbigniew Raubo. He draws his incessant inspiration from a large circle of musicians and friends of many passions who in a considerable way helped to mould the artist’s character.
Despite the fact that Arnold Gniwek has an extensive repertoire of concertos and solo works he also highly values chamber music.
Among his many successes in Polish and international competitions we can name:
- 2014: 3rd prize in the 11th International Piano Competition Eugenia Verdet in
- Barcelona 2013: 1st prize in the International Music Competition in Sogliano al Rubicone, Italy
- 2011: 1st prize and a debut invitation at Steinway Hall in the USA within the 15th International Piano Festival in Nałęczów, Poland
- 2011: Laureate of „Estrada Młodych” in the Polish Piano Festival in Słupsk
- 2006: 2nd prize (1st was not awarded) in the 3rd National Chopin Piano Competition Władysław Kędra in Łódź, Poland
- 2005: 1st Prize in the 5th International Music Competition Juliusz Zarębski in Łomianki, Poland
Official pianist’s website: gniwek.com